Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Abused Mule

Oh man... ok. So.

I've always wanted to do 3-d art, and the first time I was able to was in 9th grade for my computer art class in high school.

Needless to say... I cried while busting my brain at trying to figure out interfaces,tools, ect. I just ended up making really bizarre aliens because I couldn't grasp modeling enough to try and do anything people should recognize.

So, I think this is 6 years now since then. I'm currently 20. And am willing to give this another shot.
especially after lurking this forum for the past week and a half, MAN is there some beautiful works in here.

So! This is my first attempt. I decided to get me z-brush and try it out and this is what came out of it. I'm still oblivious as to how to get it smoother so that the polypaint isn't so pixely, or what a "bake" is... Or what I should do if I want to just work with the frame and do a low poly version. Do I need another program for that?

0001bnw.png
0001col.png

But if you have any tips for me, that would be awesome. Right now I only have Z-brush.

Oh, and yeah, there are probably going to be alot of mistakes in this face, I wasn't using a ref because I expected it to be a odd alien like old times, but it started to be ok.

Replies

• Abused Mule
    at it again today.
    I finally found out how to subdevide the mesh so that I can get details. X'D

This is a headshot of a character a friend has that let me practice on. I still have not found out anywhere how in the world to get tubes or... something in zbrush to be able to do the tentacles/dreads. Anyone know how i'd be able to accomplish this?

oh right, yes he is suposed to have reptile like ears. X'D

0002.png