Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Review my Portfolio

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Chicken Dip polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, i just finished my portfolio www.rubix3d.com, I would very much like some feedback from you professionals. I had gotten a few comments earlier last night form some of the polycount guys, but as we all know someone might miss something. So please guys comment and don't hold back I would rather hear that hard truth than sugarcoated stuff.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    No lowpolys? No textures? A lot of people model guns, it's kinda hard to stand out if nothing is textured.

The fade effect is annoying and slow.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    The modeling work seems solid, nice work! But I agree that you should give texturing a shot. I don't really mind the fade effect, it's not slow on my end.
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey ZacD, first interesting turtle scene in your folio. I am aware that the low poly as well as textured models are a must, i am currently working on them when i find the time. I have removed the fade from the site, i agree it was a little annoying. Anything else that you think could help make my folio any better?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Do more then guns. Nice guns,but make something else.
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Brygelsmack!! Yeah i realized that when i had done the website that i did not have anything textured, i will def work really hard getting them all textured.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Looks good. More examples of your work is obviously required, and when you get more pieces for your portfolio i would combine the 4 rifles links into 2 pages because they are very similar.

Then spellsheck everything again experiance is spelled experience for example.

Maybe you want to change your email to enricomattiasanti(at)gmail.com to protect yourself from bots collecting email information (Im not sure about this though)

I think you are heading in a good direction, site looks clean, keep going! :)
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like everyone else has said, great guns! Needs low poly and texturing and more variety. Looking forward to seeing more in the future
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    the layouts is nice i like that its straight to the art and every image has your info on it.

most important think if youre going for a position as a game artist is to have game models though.
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    Looks good, I'd say having three seperate pages dedicated to the same gun is slightly overkill, group those l85a2 variants into the one page seeing as most of the model is staying the same between versions, and the same with the M4 unless you end up texturing them differently to differentiate one from the other

Your work looks good, the only thing like others have said is that you need more of it, and you need it textured.

I'm also personally not a fan of the hexagon motif, but that's more down to personal opinion
  • DEDE_pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEDE_pig polycounter lvl 8
    Nice high poly but I think that you should do it more accurately.

I notice that your trigger handle of all the rifles is almost identical.

And recommended to do textures for the rifles.

Lastly, maybe you could start to do different types of military assets ?
    Maybe like pistol or even a humvee.

If could help you alot.
  • Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the great advice guys, I will make different models, I also intend to make some other stuff than just guns, been really interested in making some environment assets. I really appreciate your feedback guys. I agree 120% that not having Low Poly and textured stuff really sets me back so i will be working on them 1 by 1 until until i move on to my next stuff.