Home Technical Talk

help : bake texture from zbrush to retopology

sry guys, i need your help. when complate polypainting character in zbrush like this (hightpoly) :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqkMaLmIG5w"]Tribute to Stanley Lau's Pepper - WIP Polypaint & Sculpt - YouTube[/ame]

i use retopology in zbrush made lowpoly, and export to 3ds max, create UV complate.

i re-import to zbrush. but i dont know how bake texture from Highpoly to Lowpoly in zbrush. Thanks sry English

Replies

• Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Hi Caubeutchi

You can use the 'Project All' feature to project all of the high poly details and polypaint onto the new retopologised model as long as it has a similar number of points(so you'll have to sub divide the new model to match the high poly sculpt.

Alternatively you can import your new retopologised model and merge it to the sculpt. Go to the 'Import' tab under the 'Tools' palette on the right side and click the 'mrg' button, lower the model to it's lowest subdiv and then import the new mesh, when it prompts you press 'yes' to project all the detail/colour(This basically gives your mesh the new low poly topology and the UV), it might require some tweaking once the process is done though.

Be sure to save it before hand and make the normals are correct before importing :)

Good luck I hope this helps and that I'm not mistaken:P
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    An alternative:

Export your highpoly mesh along with it's polypaint (as long as polypaint is turned on, then it should be included with the resulting OBJ). Decimation Master is optional but may be beneficial if it is a large file; if you do use it, be sure to enable Preferences: Decimation Master: Use and Keep Polypaint.

Then import your retopologized low poly mesh and the high poly sculpt into XNormal. Use the "Bake Highpoly's vertex colors" option, and make sure the high definition meshes' options are not set to "ignore per-vertex color".