Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mass Effect Character Project

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
millyparkes polycounter lvl 7
LATEST

940x1305.png

I decided to enter the Bioware contest - over at CGHUB, but as usual I was kinda late to the party and I'm still hoping to contribute something before the deadline.

I'm a Student from Staffordshire University and decided to focus my dissertation on the competition brief. This meant a lot of prep research and other University modules before I could get started and the real work eventually began just before Christmas!

My Dissertation deadline is in May so a big percentage of the work will be done after the contest deadline (in January) .

Here's the original concept. Subject to change slightly due to paint-overs and new ideas, etc etc.

Concept_zpsa3774feb.png

Evidently, I'm no concept artist but the general idea was a female and colourful Kai leng which incorporated organic, soft and hard surfaces as well as some elements to be created with shaders in Unreal.

Here's the sculpting progress so far. I decided to do a full body sculpt for the base of the character - for my portfolio mainly but also to detail the skin tight fabrics.

BodySculpt_zpsc57c6598.png

After which I got going with the clothing.

ProgressSculpt_zps17f3e386.png

For my dissertation I'm really depending on getting feedback, so if you have any to say - please don't hold back! :)

Replies