Home Unreal Engine

Small UDK payed programming job

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
tuxmask75 polycounter lvl 10
I know this is the wrong place to post this, however,
I thought I'd get more hits in the UDK thread.
I'm doing a project as a hobby so I cant pay much,

Basically I'm looking for a programmer who is familiar with linking camera's with pawns , (in situations where if a pawn rotates, than the camera rotates with the pawn (we have this much done) However we can not figure out how to ignore certain axis from the rotations.

Right now we have things set up so that the character can rotate around sections of the level. And other areas where the camera does not rotate.
The rotations on / off are triggered by physics materials.

Oh yeah the current camera is hard coded into the player pawn. which is ok. but may need some options exposed to the world editor.

Anyhow, PM me and than we could set up a skype stream session or something to properly demonstrate whats going on.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    Hm... Setting the camera to lock a certain axis shouldn't be too hard...and listening for a physical material in theory would be pretty easy, but I've never done it.

You'd probably be best off getting someone from the UDK/EpicForums>Unrealscript sub-section. Some of them cross check here I know, but not many of them, and you'd probably find who/what youre looking for faster.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    This should be really easy to do. Send me a PM and we'll work something out.