Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Creating my new demo reel

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
G-Saviour18 polycounter lvl 12
Hi everyone, hoping to get some good critique here while I try and update my portfolio. I'm currently a 3d games artist at a small online/ios games development studio here in the uk, my true calling though is more towards the higher end of gaming and film, so I'm steering this new demo reel of mine towards that.

So the first thing I have here is going to be a character piece, I'm aiming for a fairly high level game res model, 15- 20k polys maybe, not too worried about poly count just yet, I just want it to look good lol. Here is a screen straight from zbrush, to the left is a quick paint-over of where I'm thinking of taking this texture-wise, would love to get some critique on the sculpt and the character itself. Next step will be creating the low poly so would love to hear what you have to say before moving onto that, thanks!

raQbv.jpg

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    This is looking to be a pretty interesting character with a lot of potential for really interesting facial stuffs going on. How are his pants being held up? Maybe exaggerate the length of the boots to a more "clown shoe" kinda size. The tattered base of the coat doesn't look too natural. I feel like you can get some more small, quintessential clown details in there. To name a few: suspenders, a bowtie, maybe hes holding a bloody bowling pin that he juggles?, a colored hankerchief sticking out of his pocket.
  • G-Saviour18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for crits darbeenbo, he does actually have suspenders holding his pants up, its covered by the coat tho :poly122: I like the idea of a bloody bowling pin lol never thought of that, I've imagined him as more of a 80s/90s slasher bad guy though, a cross between freddy and sweet tooth from twisted metal so I gave him a sickle. Thought he should have something sharp and menacing, I'll consider adding some more clown elements though, when time allows I'll update him, also those torn coat parts were just masked off quickly before i took a screen, forgive the crudeness! in the meantime i had this ian McKellen sculpt lying about, thought I should upload it, crits are appreciated :)

UaVylpg.jpg
  • G-Saviour18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick speed sculpt I did this morning of a native american warrior dude, took about 2.5 hours, sculpted from a sphere. Have some time set aside today to get that clown sculpt I did earlier together too, hopefully I'll get to post on that soon :)

dNHjKxP.jpg
  • rouncer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your zbrush work is really "serious" looking, i spose it should be since textured models are the more cute variety. youd be good at making comics become more realistic and scary.