Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Project Continuity - Hector (WIP)

This is my first time posting anything on polycount. I have been a long time admirer of this amazing site and thus would like a critique on a WIP of my main character Hector Lyrus for my Senoir Thesis film Project Continuity.

I've been having some difficulty with figuring out a good coloring scheme for him at the moment for I am not very good with color and would like some input from you guys. Thanks a lot. :)

Hector+Lyrus+Sillouette+studies.jpgHector+Lyrus+front+and+back.jpghector_2.jpghector_3.jpgHector_head_zpsb2a3255b.jpghector_color_test_zpscdc48a29.jpgN1_colors_zps825ec2ba.jpgcolor_finals_zps6b340fd5.jpg
This is the final color schemes I feel is the strongest.
colors_NBG.jpgcolors_N1_r.jpgcolors_N1d.jpgcolors_N4.jpg

Replies

• HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Nice work so far Hector! I think he's coming together nicely. As for color schemes, I'm liking the last one (orange and navy). Orange is "in" right now it seems. It's a cool color to use for scifi stuff. I might mute the navy a bit though.

There's also one thing about the model that I would take another look at. I think the transition from the pants/armor to the shoes looks a little weird. Currently, it looks like he has bulky pants down to the ankle, and his shoes are little more than running shoes. I would expect his footwear to be more of a boot, and his pants to be a little less bulky below the knee.
  • natsugi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply Hitmoninfinity. Orange and Navy seem to be everywhere now. I like it a lot too, I'll try and mute the navy and see how it looks.

Also your totally right about the ankle and shoe I'll look into fixing that.