Home General Discussion

Dream game

Replies

• Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Well for me, Bethesdas Skyrim is close to it, i just wish for a setting other than the middle european sword and sorcery. As a major in Japan studies i would love to see a game set in a feudal japan, during the senkoku days (so when the country was at war). It features 2 established religions with their cultures and architectures.You could use the full set of japanese Architecture, traditions and stuff yet have a setting where fighting and wear are a necessity (later in timeline the country was united and at some point weapons even banned so there in these days there is enough reason for fighting). You could have magic, demons and stuff by using all the fancy stuff from folklore mythology and so forth, put the story into historic background of these days. But the main point would a free to roam landscape with cities, architecture and just what makes the elder scrolls the larger than live games. Yeah doesn't sound too new or out of the ordinary but i just enjoy the japanese historic setting and just feel a bit bored of the world of the elders :)
    When do we get started? ;)
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Ged wrote: »
    A proper survival game that looks like alan wake, on a persistent server, with a dash of survival horror at night like alan wake but players have real life bear grylls style crafting skills/abilities and can use them like minecraft so that they can create traps or weapons during the day etc and perhaps even fortify a location like boarding up windows and doors, or creating a grappling hook out of junk so that you can get onto the top of a building etc players could level up and there could be a short single player storyline to get people used to playing before going online in sandbox mode where players have to work together and really cooperate to survive like in journey and player v player is virtually non existant because you are too busy fighting the npc threat and surviving.

There would be very few people on each server and there would be very few supernatural/zombie style enemies and you dont get to really see them much so that you are never quite sure when you are going to see them next and in what form as most of the survival would just come from trying to survive the harsh wilds eg bitten by a wold or falling in a rivine or being shot and having no one there with the crafting skills necessary to help you tend your wounds.

I doubt anyone would want to make this game, its just too much damn work and if any of it goes wrong/imbalanced it just wont be fun.

dreamgame.jpg

I really like this idea, different and sounds like fun.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Someone already made my dream game :D

When I played the demo I was like "THIS IS IT! MY DREAM GAME!!!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0f8IJpXOFI&feature=player_embedded"]Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch - PS3 - A Special Gift - YouTube[/ame]
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Someone already made my dream game :D

When I played the demo I was like "THIS IS IT! MY DREAM GAME!!!"

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch - PS3 - A Special Gift - YouTube

OMG it comes out the end of this month in NA - there goes my resolution to cut back on video game playing