Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Duvo

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Duvo polycounter lvl 8
Hi everyone, I'm a self taught newbie of 3d art, and as such I thrive on feedback and critique that can help me improve. I only work on blender 3d and produce my own concepts which I turn into 3d models.

At the moment, I'm working on a model I'd like to use in a unity 3d game. I've recently gotten the hold of sculpting and I'm going to export the different subdivision layers as level of detail layers (the first being the base mesh, which is quite low poly.)

I began with the concept seen below, which I am currently sculpting. I'm not used to sculpting faces so I'm positive that there are many errors. at the moment I feel he looks very "fake" and I feel as though there is a problem with the cheekbones, though I'm not sure what. If you can give any advice, I would gladly accept it.

Replies

• Duvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Duvo polycounter lvl 8
    Hi folks, here are the latest changes, tell me what you think
  • Duvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Duvo polycounter lvl 8
    Hey folks, I'm still working away at my model, but I've run into a problem. I'm learning about topology at the moment, and I tried to tie up this hand as best I could, but it seems wrong. is the hand's topology alright?

HandTopology.jpg
  • Duvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Duvo polycounter lvl 8
    Hi everyone, I began learning to sculpt in 3d and have recently ventured into zbrush. I've got a good grasp on 3d from blender but I'm struggling to understand a few things in zbrush.

HibFrwb.jpg

I'm in the process of making an in game model in zbrush which I will then rig and animate in blender. from what I've gathered, for the original high def model which I sculpt for the normal map, topology is not that much of an issue, that is reserved for the low poly mesh that I will model over it. However, I started with a zsphere-made base mesh and unfortunately my model has a much lower poly count in his head than the rest of his body.

I've heard that dynamesh can be used to fix this problem but I'm concerned hat I will lose my original model's detail, and possibly the higher levels of subdivision. in addition, I'm concerned that the topology of dynamesh will be impossible to use in order to create seams for my uv. I've read in a few forums that you should create the seams in the lowest subdivision level and then it would kind of be alright, is this true?