Home General Discussion

got stung over a samsung note 2

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
so yeah bought the missus a brand new Samsung note 2 for christmas. spent a week messing around with the phone , but not actually using it as a phone ie internet, apps etc then bought an o2 sim, which would not work. kept telling me in was not registered on this( o2) network

Tried it in another phone and it worked fine.
To cut a long story short, the phone which i bought as new had been blacklisted/blocked by vodafone and is stolen according to them.

What a jip, I got it from amazon marketplace and thought they were trustworthy.
the phone appeared to be brand new, sealed box and everything

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ex-mobile phone retailer here:

my advice is, contact vodafone's legal/fraud team, you'll need to provide them with copies of reciepts of purchase. you'll also want to contact amazon's legal team. explain the situation to both parties and above all else ensure that they are in contact with each other. take a name and extension number of anyone you speak to on either end regarding the issue.

also, contact the police, this is very important! you're the victim of fraud.

if you've purchased the phone legally, then you have a right to be compensated, or the phone reinstated by the network. if, and this is more likely the case, you've purchased a stolen phone, you may not be compensated (sucks) unless you take it to a small claims court. you WILL however, be able to help stop this shit happening to other people.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    it might be just a case of the phone being blocked because of an unpaid bill though, not guaranteed that it is stolen even though vodafone told me that.
    Either way they sold it as new when it looks as though at best it just second hand and at worst stolen.
    I will probably wait until amazon have finished investigating before I do anything else. sucks though