Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

XXX_3d_environment _UDK

Hi all. This is my first post on polycount. This is a 3d environment I modeled in 3ds max and brought into UDK. I will show my reference picture and a shot of what I have in UDK so far. Please let me know what you think :)

Replies

• SouthpawSid
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    welcome to Polycount.

You're on the right track with lighting. Try and look into getting that floor glossy and reflective, as that's the biggest thing I see missing from the concept. Also, get some chairs/sofas in those back rooms behind the curtains. I'd also say you cold give more geo to your props. The hanging lights are pretty lo res/segmented looking and plain. I know unreal's FOV is a bit extreme, but I think you'e still got some scaling issued as well. Glowy orange lights should be bigger and more noticeable. The XXX sign reads really flat. Instead of making it a card, model that shit out for some depth. Should look much better.

Keep pushing this closer to the concept and up-resing your art and it could turn out great!

Also, get active in the community. The more you're seen around critiquing and trying, the more activity you'll get. Good luck!