Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bust_Project

triangle
Offline / Send Message
santtiagohoyos triangle
I am an environment artist. but on the side i like to do some character work to improve my skills.
this is a bust that i did a little while ago, and i discovered recently how useful polycount is when it comes to getting feedback, so i decided to post it here and see what i can get.
thank you very much.

[IMG][/img]YUEs8.jpg

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    parts of it seem realistic but the overall proportions feel a bit wierd, like for example the eyes seem too small and perhaps too sunken and close together?
  • santtiagohoyos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    santtiagohoyos triangle
    thank you very much.
    sorry i forgot to specify. the idea is a realistic texture but cartoony proportions. ill post a turn around so you can actually see it better. i was inspired by tintin the movie. i thought it look really cool how they kept their cartoon style but using this beautiful textures on it.
    I also polypainted everything from scratch using Zbrush.

thank you very much again.
    I really appreciate the comments

[IMG][/img]uIicZ.jpg
  • dirigible
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dirigible polycounter lvl 8
    It looks too realistic to be cartoony, and too cartoony to be realistic. Honestly, I'm not a fan of that middle ground - I think its better to commit more to one or the other.

That said, it reminds me of the Christmas Carol movie that came out a while back. That same level of realism / exaggeration. I didn't really like the art style of that movie either, but I guess a lot of people did.
  • santtiagohoyos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    santtiagohoyos triangle
    thank you very much for the feedback.