Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Head WIP (Need Help)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
Currently working on a Character that will be used in a mod
I think I'm going in the right direction but it still seems off.
wip2xv.png

The character is African American, he looks alright from the front (still needs improvement though) but the side view just doesn't seem right, I'd really like some crits and pointers with this one.

(Shape of the head is off I know, i'm worried about the face atm)

Replies

• Boyd_Lake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the upper part of the head needs the most work, though it shouldn't take long to do. Overall, the top of the skull feels too high or tall. Generally, the front part of the skull is a bit smaller in volume than the rear. I'd also work in slight depression and muscle definition in the temple area. The eyelids could be thicker. the jaw and chin could be more beefy, and defined to be more square. The mouth area should be more muscular and the lips should have more volume. I did a test not too long ago that you could use for reference for some of these features here:

African_Bust.jpg

I would also add that unless the character is fat or overweight, I'd try to define the cheekbones more. The head feels very oval-shaped, so sculpting the major skeletal/muscular features will help the head feel more correct. I hope this all helps. Nice work... keep workin' it!
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    wip5u.png
    Thanks man, Still working on the head deformation and eye lids, Hes meant meant to be slightly chubby but not to fat.