Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character re-Imagining , Ichigo from anime Bleach

Hi everyone at polycount this is a piece of work I have made and wish to be critiqued. I am by no means going to say what I have made is the best thing in the history of ever. I am not so fullish as to think my rather appalling work is anything like that. However I do wish to be come a better 3D Artist and so I come to you all, in the hope that you will in lighten me with your wisdom.

This piece of work was made with the critera that it had to be an existing character and most be no larger than 12k Tri's and it had to be re-imagined. the character the I chose was Ichgo from bleach as there is a fighting game made from the series. the intended re-imagining for this character was to make him in to an old man and this is the result of the work.

I would like to apologies for the shadows that are in these render I cannot seem to remove them.

01-7.jpg

02-8.jpg

03-6.jpg

04-4.jpg

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

BR07.jpg

BR06.jpg

BR04.jpg

BR05.jpg

BR03.jpg

BR02.jpg

BR01.jpg

all.jpg

Many thank on looking though this work I would appreciate any criticism that would help me make this piece better.

Again many thank

Aspiring 3D Artist.

Replies

• Attila
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Attila polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, what application are you using? The first two things that jump out at me to crit are the uneven subdivision and a lot of wasted topology.

By uneven subdivision I mean there are a few really huge and long polys on the dress and then the face, neck, hands have many more and much smaller polygons. More even distribution means that it will probably smooth cleanly and animate well. I note that you gave him some extra loops at the elbows, which makes sense.

By wasted topology I mean that you have a bunch of teeny polygons that aren't doing anything that you couldn't do better with 1/4 as many. In some places the topo is there but it's flat. The nose for example: you have the crease around the nares modeled but it's not creasing the surface. Look at the neck: those dozen lines under his chin - about 3 would do and give you the same result. Have a look at the wiki and especially this page: http://wiki.polycount.com/FaceTopology?highlight=%28\bCategoryTopology\b%29

It's intimidating to read but there is some good info there. Keep it up, I think this has some potential!
  • Thydread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My thanks Attila I can see what you mean about the neck and the and the long polygons. I Well try to rectify these in ether the next project or in this one if I get time to work on it Between the other projects given to me. Also thank you for the like I will be sure to have a look though it.