Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Facial modelling review

Hey guys!

Im a uni student and ive just finished my first head model! Started off with a general model, then moved to sculpting, texturing and retop.
Currently working on the reflective report and i need your opinions on the model!
I know its not super and really good. Think its an ok model. There are bits and pieces that needs tweaking.
Anyways, below i've posted the first head model and then the sculpt, retop and finaly udk shots followed by texture maps.!

Dont be too hard on me! ;D Every opinion adds towards my improvement! (:

Head start

head1_wire1.jpg

head1_wire2.jpg

head1_wire3.jpg

Sculpt

head2_sculpt1.jpg

head2_sculpt2.jpg

head2_sculpt3.jpg

Retop

retop_wire1.jpg

retop_wire2.jpg

retop_wire3.jpg

UDK

UDK1.jpg

UDK2.jpg

UDK3.jpg

UDK5.jpg

Texture Maps

ZBrush_Diffuse.jpg

Specular_Map.jpg

NormalMap.jpg

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    That model is just begging for a facial :P

On a related note: Post in P&P.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Good start, so I'll just point out some of the issues that you should look at;

Eyes too big, especially the centres. Rules of thumb: top eyelid rests on the pupil, lower on the iris. You are showing too much white, so he looks surprised.

I thought the ears were too big, but I think they are just too low. Line them up with the eyebrows and bottom of the nose.

Not enough chin or jawline. You ALWAYS have an extra bit of cin, even on fatter faces.

Eyes too high, forehead too sloped.

Too much wasted UV space. Have you done teeth and mouthbag?

Spec map seems to be the diffuse made gray. Depends on your engine, but the physical models for lighting assumes the spec spec intensity is close to white. Do more work in the falloff.

So, good start, a few adjustments and you'll be good,