Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

In the Shadow of Titans [UDK]

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
redhonour polycounter lvl 8
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjApntRuTU4[/ame]
I wish I knew how to get Youtube videos to embed here. :/
Edit: NVM, IT WORKED. O.O

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but time hasn't been my ally!

So I'm a student and this is an environment I had to build over a few months. No real rules here, just build something outdoors that looks good. It is really my first attempt at a full environment in UDK.

And since I've been working on it for a while now, just the latest. Older process stuff can be viewed on my blog, if you're so inclined! :]

ItSoT03.jpg

ItSoT02.jpg

ItSoT01.jpg

ItSoT04.jpg

So, the idea is basically to contrast a small, tribal civilization with a bigger ancient race that's gone now.

Luckily, since it's due Monday, I'll have time to work on it over the break.

Models, textures, layout, presentation, whatever... Comments and crits are very welcome here!

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Cool. I'm liking it. The dust however, looks a little too white for the actual darker dirt that it is coming off of. Perhaps make it match the dirt's color a little more?

Keep up the work! It looks good.
  • redhonour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a go.

I also got some good crits from my instructor so I'll try to post some updates this week!
  • Ignacio_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ignacio_G polycounter lvl 7
    Hey man, some good stuff going on here! Keep going for sure.

A couple of crits: I agree with Tobbo in that the dust is too white and strong. I'd bring even more visual interest to the entrance area if that's going to be your point of interest and also scatter the broken rocks in a more natural fashion. I'd also consider bringing in some cool colors in the scene to contrast with all of the warm colors that exist in the scene.

I'd also tone down that depth of field.

Keep the work coming!