Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New work - sabre-toothed tiger creature

JCS3D
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JCS3D polycounter lvl 9
Hello everyone!

Just posting some new work of a creature design. I finally decided to buy Marmoset and give it a try. Glad i did - nice and fairly easy to use program. Had to tinker around alot with all of the hair-cards. Hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing.

Soa%27din2.htmlSoa%27din2.html

JCS

Replies

• JCS3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JCS3D polycounter lvl 9
    [img]http://jonsolmos.com/Soa'din2.html[img/] Hi amile. Thanks for the comments and feedback. Therea ctually is a tail but it isn't apparent at the angle of the renders. I went back to Max and moved the tail vertexes so that it would be shown in the updated renders.[/img]
  • silvermirror
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your furs are off. It randomly starts. If you have a 3d paint programs like zbrush or mudbox consider taking the textures and model in their and slowly transition the texture to match the fur.The head is bigger than the body. I don't know if this is intentional but right now your lion looks like its got a triangular body and a rounded brick like head. I don't want to sound rude or anything but I think these need to be looked at to give it a more real feel. If your going for cartoony feel or something though you might wish to reduce the size of the head a bit more and widen the back end a bit more. This will make it look less blocky and more stream lined.
  • JCS3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JCS3D polycounter lvl 9
    Hello silvermirror,

Thanks for the feedback. The head does look bigger than normal. This was mostly a result of using the default camera settings in Marmoset. I just bought the program a few weeks ago and am still getting familiar with all of the tools (noob!) I figured out how to change the focal length of the camera to result in a better render. Results attached below. Thanks again for the constructive criticism.

Soa%27din2.html