Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval Street

Replies

• praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    It feels very plain right now. Your geometry is all based on standard shapes as opposed to anything that truly feel like it is modeled. I see what looks like a bunch of cubes and extrudes. For it being a medieval street it is also very clean with such little wear and tear.

Also, the textures look like they were taken from CGTextures.com and slapped on with little to no edits. It looks as if there is no real work that went into them. I'm not saying this didn't take you guys some time and as an early project it isn't even a bad start but it needs some significant work done on it.

Some good things to check out are the Epic citadel that comes packaged in with UDK, "The Witcher" has some great medieval environments and even as far back as Warhammer Online.
  • Panthers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    True, this is the first environment i've really worked on. I'm still a beginner and want to improve so thanks for the feedback!
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S_ource polycounter lvl 9
    Someone has been really good with the sweeping :) kidding but i would suggest to ad allot more stuff, detail dirt and wear look at games its stuff everywhere.