Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: _Montee_

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
_Montee_ polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys.

This is where I will be posting some of my work, personal and university, to show my development etc.

Comments are welcome and if you have and tips throw them my way ;)

Replies

• _Montee_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So this is my most recent stuff made for the Competition over at Artbypapercut.com

Its basically a representation of Time Square in the Industrial Revolution. London-esque sort of look and feel.

TS_no1.jpg

TS_no2.jpg

TS_no3.jpg
  • _Montee_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a little on what I'm working on right now :)

It's based off a concept my friend Matthew Hoey did for a character a while ago.

GasMaskGuy_002.jpg

Concept URL="http://hollaballooza.deviantart.com/"]Matthew's DevART.com[/URL:
    GMH_Hoey.jpg

Just a little break from what I'm doing at Uni.
  • _Montee_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right I have posted in a while but here we go....

So this is my current WIP. It's basically going to be a Pub with a pirate theme. I'm aiming for a hand painted texture and slightly stylised environment, I think it will look much better this way rather than realistic. My research is over at Pinterest: URL="http://pinterest.com/monteemontana/research-pirate-pub-scene-honours/"]Link[/URL

Here is my basic block map I did first to get the layout ready to see what it would look like.

PiratePub_BM01.jpg

When I was finished with this one I thought it wasn't looking interesting enough, then I got an idea to have a pirate ship smashed through the wall to add a bit of drama, as well as a center piece for the scene.

PiratePub_BM02.jpg

I also started to build the actual ship as well to get the look of shape and style of it.

PirateShipBow_WIP01.jpg

Well thats it for now but I will be back soon with some more.

:)
  • _Montee_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right just a quick one...

I've started to pin down the style I am going to go for on the textures in my scene. Mainly because I haven't done a fully hand painted texture in a while [Link].

Well here it is. It isn't finished yet, I wanted get the colours right first before I started doing the highlights etc. I will probably post tomorrow with the more finished version.

Barrel_WIP01.jpg

What do you think? Let me know :)
  • _Montee_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I think I nailed it just right!! :)

I may rework this again at some point but I think this is the way I'm going to got with the textures, but, you never know I may change my mind at some point. haha. (And if you have any suggestion let me know :D ).

Barrel_FIN01.jpg

Texture:
    BarrelTest_DM.jpg

I'm still a bit unsure if I want to add Normal maps to my scene as of yet. I might do a little test to see what it would look like.

Now on to more :)