Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mole420 Art Thread

Replies

• mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mole420 polycounter lvl 10
    Little bit of an update been working on the foliage, the tree's are a quick test and still need a lot of work but thought id show how its looking as its been a few days since my last update

fUDSgwv.jpg
    zOJOlBX.jpg

Will post some shots of all the high poly foliage once I finish the tree properly.
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made a pretty gate to go into the scene, Worked on the trees but still not happy so will be tweaking some more. Some shots of things coming together now. Ignore the horrible stretched texture on the pillars by the gate there yet to be done.

gatef.jpg
    highresscreenshot00026e.jpg
    highresscreenshot00027.jpg
    highresscreenshot00028.jpg
  • Mr Smo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Smo polycounter lvl 18
    looking cool man, i think the ambient light could use a bit of colour!
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, yeah have not really played about with the lighting yet but thats usually a weaker point of mine so will have to spend some time to get it right
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right got some updates on this scene, finally starting to get towards to end still some final touches to do on some of the textures still and looking for some tips on the lighting if anyone has anything that could improve it.

highresscreenshot00029.jpg

highresscreenshot00030.jpg

highresscreenshot00031.jpg

Also something I am working on for a contest over at Game-artist 8 hour speed sculpt so far I am at hour 6:
    zbrush3.jpg
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    This is all wonderful stuff Richard.
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the lack of updates been pretty busy lately and always forget to update these things anyway some highpolys iv made the past few nights for a new little scene.
    4ico.jpg
    k5ua.jpg
    9fgy.jpg
    2j70.jpg
    d9x4.jpg
    always looking to improve so any crits are great :D

Also a model I created for the Game-Artist.net speed modeling contest, limit of 18,00 tris and a 2048 normal and AO map
    67ii.jpg
    spfr.jpg
  • mikhga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikhga polycounter lvl 8
    This stuff is looking great! Looking forward to seeing the scene put together. :)
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been ages since any updates iv been so busy have not had a chance for personal work, managed to grab some time last night and today to work on the low of the assets I posted a while ago. Textures are pretty early just getting the bakes down and trying some stuff out.

iq86.jpg
    Tri count is at 2,557 so a little higher than I planned but wanted to push detail on this. Got a little carried away with the wear so might change things tomorrow. Also finally starting to get happy with my Maya low poly render set up trying to not use marmoset for every asset.

44tp.jpg
    Mesh is at 1138 tri’s but decided to play about with tessellation to really push the shapes on this one. Texture is pretty early yet and the spec is very basic just for a renders.
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohwe.jpg[/URL]

Right I am back, sorry for the lack of posts been crazy busy with starting a new job and moving into a new flat. But I am all set up and decided to work on a small asset to get back into things at home. I will be getting back to the last unfinished scene just needed something quick to have some gun with. Progress will be a lot slower now as I am working full time but dont want to get lazy with trying to improve my work. My new job is amazing, working with some really talented people and cant wait until I am able to show off the game at some point. Anyway still a bit of high poly detailing to do on this model but just wanted to get something online to show im still alive :)