Home Technical Talk

Importing DOTA 2 Item's Issues PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

Hi every one I am trying to get my Items into the DOTA2 Engine and I am getting several different issues but I dont know why as all the models are compiled in the same way they have no history and are each skinned to the correct bone.

(Please note the names might not be 100% as Im doing this from memory atm)

Rifle -WeaponRoot_0 and Cocker

Hat- Head

Cape- Back1-5 Back 2-5 etc (by this I mean all the bones that correspond to the cape animation etc)

They are all importing but each is having a seperate issue as displayed in the image bellow

SeccI.jpg

I am away most of the weekend due to work and so will have to have one last try Sunday evening before trying again to submit them before the Contest Deadline please if anyone has encountered any of these problems can you tell me how you overcame them

I would realy like to get these submitted for the contest please help

Cheers

Dan

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    What application do you use max, maya, ect.?

Scaling problems is from the imported file you chose to work with.
    I ran into this and I found out the solution for me in 3dsmax was wundrboy's SMD importer, you would have to reimport the hero bones again save this scene and import your items and re-skin them to bones again.

the ugly cape problems is either a badly skinned vertex to those bones or your UV unwrap layout is overlapping or has moved off it's position on your map, check to see what the problem is in edit uv's panel.

Hat being invisible could be a RESET XFORM issue in 3dsmax, I don't know what it is for maya or anything else. You would have to reset Xform and collapse and see if the faces flip if they have fliped (looking inside out) you have to flip the normals back to their correct positions on the mesh, go to normals in the modifier panel and select unify <- thats what I would do.

That should be it if not, hopefully someone else chimes in on here, best of luck just keep at it, take it slow make sure your doing everything & checking it twice ;)
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    $!nz thanks for the reply I will give this ago I realy appreciate the advice thank you :)