Home Technical Talk

When you start a new Humanoid creature in zbrush ...

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Do you start from the basic human figure of Zbrush or you start by scratch making a new human shape by your own ? and all times like that or you keep in your folders a basic human character?

Is it wrong to use a base from another person or is it allowed?

Replies

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    i don't want to sound harsh but did you stop to think before posting this question?

there is no answer - its up to you to make that sort of decision based on your own feelings/situation
  • NAIMA
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    well i don't know if is allowed to use a zbrush model to start over , and then elaborate a new sculpt ... Not sure if those are there to learn or serve as basic sculpting that can be distributed after even ...
  • Twister3
    Offline / Send Message
    Twister3 polycounter lvl 12
    I used to start my sculpts with the arshlevon basemesh that can be found on this site but then I started to do my meshes on my own. I either start with a super basic model that is just a box with a few extrudes that has roughly human proportions or I create my blockout with dynamesh. Either way I retopologize to get better poly distribution and the possibility to create uvs. That way when I create my gamemesh topology I don't have to start from scratch because I can reuse a lot of the basemesh geometry.

Edit: I can only recommend to make your own basemeshes because then it is entirely yours and also you learn basic things like edgeflow.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Use what your comfortable with, and learn to get comfortable with a wider variety of methods so you're never pinned down.
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    NAIMA wrote: »
    well i don't know if is allowed to use a zbrush model to start over , and then elaborate a new sculpt ... Not sure if those are there to learn or serve as basic sculpting that can be distributed after even ...

if youre concerned about copyright on the zbrush samples then id imagine there's no issue. told want to check the licensing docs to be absolutely certain though.