Home Technical Talk

3ds max's UnwrapUVW- EditUV Loop & Ring shortcuts location??

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Marcus_Aseth polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys,I need youre help to locate in the 3ds max's Customize User Interface Tab the "fields" to assign a shortcut to ring & loop (unwrapUVW-Edit UV).

Under Customize UI/Keyboard/Unwrap UVW I found "Geom. Edge Loop/Ring Selection,but unfortunately that is the command for the viewport ring & loop selection,I need the 2 commands that works into the Edit-UV mode of the UnwrapUVW. :)

64849509.png

Replies

• Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    I think I looked into this before too, although I was specifically going for a hotkey for stitching, which I couldn't find. I don't remember there being any hotkeys for the newer stuff they created (mostly the UV editor as it is quite new looking).

If it works, try clicking an edge then shift+click the next edge, I know this works in normal poly edit, so it's worth a shot. Otherwise, you may be reluctant to start using "point-to-point" more often.
  • Marcus_Aseth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx ,I will try
    I think I looked into this before too, although I was specifically going for a hotkey for stitching, which I couldn't find

that is present,it is under the Keyboards/UnwrapUVW & the name is "Stitch" ,I have it assigned to the S
  • Marcus_Aseth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • tyl3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe it is under:
    Customize User Interface
    Group: Unwrap UVW
    Category: All Commands
    TV Loop Select - Loops in UV Window
    TV Ring Select - Rings in UV Window

I just tried it with my copy and it seemed to do what you are asking :)
  • Marcus_Aseth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg,I was sure to have tryed one of those 2!! maybe something goes wrong,maybe I accidentally forgot to hit the assign button the first time & I thinked it didn't was the right one :poly122:

Tanks a lot man! :)
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    "Geom. Edge Loop Select" & "Geom. Edge Ring Select" also works but seems you already got things rolling