Home General Discussion

iRay now supports Kepler chipset.

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Baron Flame polycounter lvl 12
I don't know if this has been discussed/brought up here or not but I suppose it won't hurt to post it.
So there I was trying to play catch up with the CG World(It's been a brutal 6 months away from my gaming rig/workstation after moving to Canada, getting a job and start saving for a appox 4000$ laptop) when I stumbled on something that I was rather interested in before heading out for Canada. Now given the fact that I was a n00b-ish maya user with rendering skills that would make MR cry out "What in the name of a dragon's bollocks do you think you're doing?", I dunno exactly how big/new of a news this is for/to Max/iRay users(I am planning to switch to Max when I do get my hands on a new system).:poly142:

Nyhoo enough blabbering about, I stumbled on this while taking a look at Readme pdf of "Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 Product Update 6" (I have no clue as to how I got there).
Apparently the latest updates include official support for Kepler based card and I guess, given the fact that I plan on getting Kepler based card and my plans of switching to Max and iRay, I now have a valid reason to get excited (?) :poly142:.

To quote from the pdf,
" The NVIDIA® iray® renderer now supports the NVIDIA® Kepler chipset. "
Direct Link :-
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3dsMax2013_PU06_Readme0.pdf

(My level of excitement is directly proportional to the response of iRay users xD)
Nyhoo I am out.
Cheers.