Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Templar Assassin – Temple's Eclipse

Hello all again! It has been a long while since I posted anything on this forum again.

I've been working on a concept design with a friend's inputs. Originally didn't do it for the DotA2 contest, which I've learned about it at late date. Knew I wouldn't able to enter it till find out about 2 weeks extension. So maybe I'll be able to finish on time. No real high hope, but figured it's nice to share when I can.

A friend of mine drew her concept drawing on pencil and all. To help me understand a bit of her vision.
4YwiC.png

I've set up online video streaming to go over concept design with her, using Live Stream. This has helped with making few minor changes as I go along the process of drawing it, hearing her opinion in real time.

I was using Open Canvas 4 Plus with Wacom's Bamboo Fun tablet.
B6QOx.png

Some time later, decided to come down to this.
SCKXj.png

She wanted to come up with a symbol/icon sort of thing to add onto the skirt or somewhere... still waiting on that actually. lol.

Had started rough 3D model draft in 3Ds Max. Will update later on.

Replies

• Nacon
    vAX1U.png
    Had started with the hair. Used 3Ds Max's viewport canvas to mockup the hair lines. You may notice I have a polygon clipping through her ears, it will be addressed with alpha masking to hide the clipping, to have that proper UV mapping to work around the ears.

7zMHy.png
    Bit of rough draft of her shoulders, mask, and the sleeve.

The mask is the same copy from the base DotA2 model with some trimming to save up polycounts.

My plan is to start with low polygon version first, mainly for LOD0. Then work my way up for LOD1 as I sculpt with more details in Mudbox. Then I could worry about textures afterward and process that normals mapping.
  • Sashera
    ohhh I really like the haircut!
    its a very interesting set that keeps with her silhouette very nicely, will be awsome to see it finished! ^^
  • Nacon
    Thanks Sashera!

Here's another progress so far.
    9dfca198a5ff44c4abea5ae.png
    Didn't really do much more since then because I was doing other things.
    Now that I've completed the basic model with its proper UV mapping. I used 3Ds Max's canvas tool to draw in the mockup lines, again... Had to redo the UV mapping a bit and created another mockup texture, even the color isn't actuate anyhow.

Wiggle lines... D: Time for Mudboxing!
  • Nacon
    Curse! Turned edges all over it. Back to prepping up the basic model before I could get further in Mudbox.
  • Nacon
    YxaxQ.png
    Was delayed heavily by Mudbox/ATI driver issue, couldn't use pinch tool and some polygons started flickering randomly... lovely progress I guess.

I know the deadline is drawing near and well... now I'm not sure I will able finish on time, but will finish it nonetheless...
  • qassamzed
    Offline / Send Message
    qassamzed polycounter lvl 6
    I like the hair :D
    remind me with hinatatata
  • Nacon
    Thanks Qassamzed.

Yeah, I don't think I can finish this in time. Been having too much problems with my software and their driver support. Updating and rolling version back all day long. Yeah I'm taking a break from it.

I'll withdraw from the contest, sorry. :/