Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Knight - Marmoset render

(SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW IMAGES, THANK YOU)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this community so please allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Johan, 21 years old and first year student in a game graphics program in Sweden.

We just finished our game character project and I'd like to share it with you guys to hopefully hear some honest opinions. It was inspired by Vitaly Bulgarov's knight but with a twist - he fights for the sun!

Turntable (please watch in fullscreen 1080p): [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCaMb8uVXEk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCaMb8uVXEk[/ame]

16k tris, 2x2k maps.

Thanks for viewing!

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    It would help to see the original concept, the lighting is bad, looks like two omni's.
    The belt doesn't match the rest of the model and theres really no focal point, the textures look very chaotic. The brown background gradient was not a good choice, better to pick something that will have a little contrast or something neutral (grey or dark blue). And pose could be a great deal stronger. The..Iron? looks more like plastic because the specular is too smooth, it needs to be broken apart like.
    Iron-Armor.jpg
    I also suggest changing skin texture to something that contrasts the armor.
  • lithvall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a bunch for your feedback, I will revisit the texturing with your feedback in consideration!
  • lithvall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Everyone, been reworking textures on the knight. Not yet finished weapon texture & banner texture (it will have a flag once finished).

All feedback is highly appreciated.

Btw can someone tell me how to insert image / newbie :D

FullBodyScreenshot.jpg

HalfBodyFront.jpg

SideView.jpg

BackView.jpg
  • teggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To post images within your post and not as an attachment. Host them on an any image hosting site or your own website. I like imagur.com, then just follow the following directions: "To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too." - http://www.polycount.com/forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=attachments&match=all&titlesonly=0
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    The new textures are looking a lot better. But I think you may want to take a look at editing the model a bit too. For as high of a polycount as you have, he looks way lower. I can't help but feel like you used a lot of polygons for things that don't effect the silhouette that much.

Keep it up! He's a cool looking knight so far.