Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] My internship portfolio

Sushifish
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sushifish polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here at Polycount.

My name is Daniel and I am currently attending the 3d graphics program at the school futuregames academy in
Stockholm Sweden. My education is coming to an end and it is soon time for our internship period.

This is my first real 3D education and this is my portfolio that I have managed to create.

http://www.3dgameartist.com

I would love some comments, what you think, if there is anything I should change, anything more that I
should add to the portfolio and so on.

Best regards,
Daniel

Replies

• Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Take off:
    -Cog Heaven
    -Arenanet Art Test
    -those sci fi props
    (these are your weakest pieces)

Are you doing characters or props/environments? You're pretty good at both, so pick one!

Your best work in my opinion is the UDK ruins, the sci fi environment, motorbike, and those sci fi characters.

Sci fi scene: have a look at some Halo 4 environments to try and get better composition.

UDK environment: use vertex blending on the ruins so they look more aged and dont "crash" into the ground.

I think your main goal should be focusing on characters or environments though. If you go the environments route, do more zbrush sculpting and baking like that rock wall. Your sci fi stuff would look MILES better if you baked from a hi poly object, so you could have highlights catching the edges of your models.

Here's a pic from google. Compare the edge closest to the camera on the high poly to the low poly (ignore the other two):
    normals1.jpg

Anywho, hope that helps. You have a lot of talent so keep going with the art!
  • Sushifish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sushifish polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you for your reply!

Those three are my oldest work so they will definitely be replaced by other work.

Yeah I know that it is better to focus on either characters or environment but I want to work on smaller companies, so i thought that it was better to show off that you are multitalented instead of restricted.

Thanks for your feedback!