Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Invoker - Vestments of the Arbiter

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
sefice polycounter lvl 8
I hope I can still make it with this really, really delayed start. Anyways, here are some rough thumbs. Nothing fancy, just getting the shape and form of the silhouette down. More to come.

ddgco7.jpg

Replies

• DoubleLeaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I choose A I like the shapes, exudes power.
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    See I like B but I tend to like the whole hood hiding the person underneath kind of thing. But The invoker seems like an arrogant character so probably best not to cover his head with a hood. I like parts of all of the but it might be good and suit the character more if you mix A and C. As DoubleLeaf said it exudes power which Invoker seems to be all about but I like the fact that C has some separation in the pieces much like his actual garments (the pruple, white, gold separations etc) This is just my opinion but I don’t play the Invoker so I might not be 100% correct on how he acts etc but my friend plays him a lot and I get that vibe from him :). I hope this helps :)
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the feedback. :)

I agree. I really like how A turned out. B was an attempt of something more original and I kinda like it more than A but I'll see if I can tweak the shapes a bit to give that all-powerful and arrogant feel that A gives.
    Bold Elf wrote: »
    But The invoker seems like an arrogant character so probably best not to cover his head with a hood. I like parts of all of the but it might be good and suit the character more if you mix A and C.

Noted :) I was hoping to get a more sinister and don't-mess-with-me look from the hood. I tried experimenting with different shapes for his head but it's really easy to make him look whimsical.
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Only had time to do 1 sketch tonight. I combined the elements from the first 3 thumbs. I'm liking it so far but I feel the silhouette of the shoulders isn't dynamic enough for my tastes.

a1uafl.jpg
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Rough shape of the cape

11qk7xs.jpg
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Decided to go with B.