Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Faceless Void - Disciple of Time

I'm coming into this late, but I'm hoping I can finish by the deadline :D

I'm doing a Faceless Void set, with the theme of a worshiper of time. The idea is that although Faceless Void and his race can manipulate time to change the battle, they haven't always been able to do so. In the past they didn't understand time, and worshiped it as their god. Over millennia they decoded the secrets of time, and became master over it, but they still stick to their old traditions of worshiping it, mainly because of the power it brings them.

The main theme is an hour-glass logo. It will be printed on his loincloth, his shoulders will be in the shape of this logo as well.

His wrists will be entwined circles, reminiscent of the sign for infinity.

He will wear a crown with an eye, symbolizing the inner eye he uses to see on the battlefield.

Time and space are of little consequence to Faceless Void, and to help symbolize this some of his armor pieces will be floating; no need to tie them down.

I still need to figure out his new weapon.

Colors will be very similar to his default pallet.

I don't want to mess with the actual head due to polygon limits, so his crown will be part of his shoulder slot. I think this will work well, it will make it so that you can wear the crown along with a custom head piece.

Replies

• oremut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is his leg piece.

The skirt and loin cloth will be made of cloth, similar color and pattern as his original.

He loin cloth is in the shape of an hour glass, and will have the hourglass logo I came up with on it. The "sand" in the hour glass will be green, to match the shoulder pieces which incorporate a similar design.

The loopy stuff in the front will be chains, made using an alpha map.

Yw3MD.jpg

JRo0L.jpg
  • oremut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the shoulder piece. It's shaped like a stylized hour glass, in keeping with the theme. It floats somewhat off his model, which hopefully will give a neat effect. There are floating gems in the middle of it. These will be green, with some glow.

In this pic you can also see the basic shape for the crown I'm working on, which will be part of the shoulder set.

SKnzu.jpg
    NT5eT.jpg
  • oremut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the general block out for my wrist piece. It's two sets of intertwined rings, kind of going for an infinity symbol effect.
    This is just the basic shape and layout, now I need to make it look interesting :D
    I like the sort of thinness of the rings though, so I will most likely stick with that.

aPdK0.jpg
    O3Gkr.jpg