Home General Discussion

Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer? (PDF)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Tavor polycounter lvl 8
Here's the PDF of "Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer" a doc handed out at GDC 2011. I hope it helps y'all :).

"What is it?"
Its a pamphlet that describes some basic but useful tips on setting up a place for your portfolio. I'm in the habit of scanning my paperwork. In the latest round, this got scanned in, and I thought I'd share it.

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    handy. Thanks!
    There isn't really anything wrong with that advice. Tech-artist section is a bit thin. Personally if you're a tech artist, I always love to see at least one or two art pieces on TA folios. Just to see if you're really a tech ARTIST whom I can trust with lighting, shader, post FX, UI stuff and who knows the workflow from 1st hand experience, or if you're just a programmer who happens to know how to program Maya (both are useful in a TA team, but I'd like to see in your folio what you really are).

"don't send a DVD" - that made me laugh though. For my first job I was mailing VHS reels lol
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for sharing Tavor ;)

Not a fan of their Environment Modeler/Level Builder separation, but it is how things work at a lot of places still. I just think it would be better if they at least mentioned it's not like this everywhere. A lot of environment artists positions actually combine both.