Home Unreal Engine

Particle mesh rotation when screen alignment is PSA_velocity?

I am spawning meshes from a sphere, and to get the meshes face away from the initial location, I've set screen alignment mode to PSA_velocity (velocity is based on the position on the sphere where the particle spawned). This works just fine, but I cannot rotate the meshes unless I change the screen alignment mode to something else, like PSA_square. Is there a way to rotate the meshes while being able to keep the meshes' alignment based on velocity?

Replies

• imbueFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    As best I know, once you active psa_velocity in the required module, you no longer have the ability to adjust a particle's rotation (sprite or mesh). The good news is that they changed this in UE4, but that doesn't exactly help your current issue.

One alternate if you haven't tried: Change the alignment to psa_TypeSpecific. You can then use the camera facing section in the mesh data module to try different alignments. While I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, one of the options may come handy and is worth the shot (make sure you check the 'camera facing' box to activate it).
  • Santewi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, thanks. Basically I have a sphere which spawns meshes in different directions and I want the meshes to face the direction they are moving. I'll see what I can do with the PSA_TypeSpecific.