Home General Discussion

What are you guys riding this year? (Snow)

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
At the end of last year, I began my freestyle journey. LOVE it! This year I plan to start dropping some small tricks into the knowledge bank.

My stick of choice is the libtech- Banana with 390Boss bindings

What're you planning to work on, this season?

From Right to left.
(LTD Team board 161-A fast very stiff freeride board for those icy days)
(The EL grande for the big pow days. Amazing float on this 167)
(And the newest addition. Libtech Skate banana @ 159-wide. My freestyle bitch)
1yNAK.png

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
  • kingcobra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shit on my pants....... laughing so hard! still shiting
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I've been riding a Neversummer Premier F1-R for the past 2 years. Burton Co2 bindings.
    I really like a nice stiff setup for bombing down runs. What's great about my board is that it's designed for riding powder, and is stiff enough for the fastest runs ever. That thing just floats in waist-deep powder, it's amazing.
    004-2.jpg
    006.jpg
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Went snowboarding last year for the first time my roommates (god why didn't i do this sooner!) and loved it to death.

Going to be buying my first snowboard tomorrow! So pumped :)
  • .polygon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .polygon polycounter lvl 11
    its dumping in salt lake city today! got to wipe the dust off my 8 year old Ride board soon to ride park city!
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    2vdsM.gif

I want some fatter skis, but I think I'll hold off until next season. Gotta plan some ski trips as I don't think Ontario has much in the way of ski hills :( I've been skiing the rockies and around BC the past few years, so this will definitely be a slower season for me. I still havent even seen snow here.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used to work for HO Sports (a wakeboard water ski company) at the time they where in the process of making snowboards. The boards sucked and they stopped making them but they gave a bunch away to employees. So I figured what the hell and went up with a few friends, it was so much fun I kept going all winter long and went a few times the next year too but a buddy of mine who had been riding for years, tried to avoid hitting a girl and hit the support for the chair lift head first, had to be air lifted out and I've never gone back since and sold my gear that summer. He's fine now but it took a lot of rehab to get him back to fine.

That's not to say I don't come close to going back up and renting... I get the itch... like right now... thanks to this thread =P
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Im going to the italian alps in feb to do some snowboarding, Im hoping the snow will be awesome by then!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Prophecies : Nice setup. Those Co2 bindings are ace for a stiff f1-r!
    @ Autocon : Wow man, going to buy my first board is a memory I won't forget :)
    Your gonna be sitting in your living room trying on all your gear when you get home haha . I guarantee it :-)
    @ polygon: you're already getting snow ? grrrr!
    @ jordan.kocon :Yeah, i hear ya. My sis lives out in Missasagua(Sp?) and while they get the snow, there's not much in the way of any hills where she is. Living in B.C. is paradise to me, especially in the winter
    @Mark Dygert: oh wow, yeah. Injuries that sideline you for that long are demoralizing. Next time tell your buddy to aim for the girl...they're softer and you can take em down to the lounge for a makeup beer :-)
    @ged : Awesome!!!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This guy makes buttering look sooo skillfully smooth. On a STIFF custom x, no less!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jkr-yGHG_Y"]2017 snowboarding Ultimate Buttering / Flatland - YouTube[/ame]
    I gotta learn this
  • spitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
    you're all making me jealous. i haven't done much snowboarding since i moved to texas. my boards are gathering dust at my parent's house. i really should plan a trip to colorado or something.
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Pvo68.jpg

Made my Day !

Iam staying oldschool with my carve skis ;
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    I used to work for HO Sports (a wakeboard water ski company) at the time they where in the process of making snowboards. The boards sucked and they stopped making them but they gave a bunch away to employees. So I figured what the hell and went up with a few friends, it was so much fun I kept going all winter long and went a few times the next year too but a buddy of mine who had been riding for years, tried to avoid hitting a girl and hit the support for the chair lift head first, had to be air lifted out and I've never gone back since and sold my gear that summer. He's fine now but it took a lot of rehab to get him back to fine.

That's not to say I don't come close to going back up and renting... I get the itch... like right now... thanks to this thread =P

I once almost wiped-out a girl because my trainer kept on insisting me to use one of those 'drag you up the mountain' pulley's which you grab between your legs, lost my leg grip when my board got stuck in some harsher snow up the liner and was forced to slide down at some pretty fast speed.

With that said, where do you guys usually board?
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S_ource polycounter lvl 9
    Maybe snowskate if i feel like it otherwise skateboard indoor. :)
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    I once almost wiped-out a girl because my trainer kept on insisting me to use one of those 'drag you up the mountain' pulley's which you grab between your legs, lost my leg grip when my board got stuck in some harsher snow up the liner and was forced to slide down at some pretty fast speed.

With that said, where do you guys usually board?

There're 5 mountains I ride in the winter, within an hr drive
    -Seymour
    -Cypress
    -Grouse
    -Hemlock
    & Mt. Baker (Which I usually get seasons' passes to)

Then, there's 3 more.. a bit further
    -Manning park which is 1.45hrs away (Deep fluffy pow)
    -Whistler/Blackcomb 2.45hrs awy (Which everyone knows about)
    -& Mt.Washington over on the island. It had that record snowfall year .. 2-3 years ago? (Most snowfall in all of north america)