Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Sci Fi Morgue

Hey guys/girls, working on this Morgue for a while. Im not sure what to do anymore. Im just adjusting lighting atm. The game engine im using is UDK btw. If anyone can take a look at it, please critique my work. Thanks in advance! :poly124:

KDDlB.jpg?1

Replies

• JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Are you using a blue filter in your post process? I think it's hurting you. Right now the lights' color scheme seems to be overpowering. Try mixing warm/ cool lights. Maybe blue-green lights with yellow/ orange server lights?

I'm not sure. But at the moment I feel like I'm looking through tinted sunglasses
  • iangoold3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iangoold3d polycounter lvl 5
    i agree i think the scene is getting washed out by the blue light or post processing. i think if you tone that back and focus on making more of a contrast between warm and cool lighting it will make the scene feel more alive, even tho it is a Morgue :P
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    Make the cyan highlights white. Agree that you should add some warmth to it but not in the room. Get the whole image and desaturate the green so it's just blue & white in the room, darken the floor a bit and lighten the wall. Then outside the window to the right add a bright sun shining light orange into the room.