Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] Lina - Undying Flame Set

Yokai
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yokai polycounter lvl 11
Due to some midterms and school work hitting me hard (4th year in college :( ), I've only recently had the time to start digging into this Dota 2 Competition. I know I'm a bit late, but I plan to atleast do my best and try to make the deadline. This would be my first polycount contest, so I'd at the very least like to have something come the due date. Already working on the model / sculpting as I prepare this.

Here is my current paint over concept :

LinaModelConceptPaintoverFinal-1.png

The painting is a bit rushed (for obvious reasons) but that's the general concept I'm going for right now. I wanted something a bit more elegant yet still feels battle-mage-ish in design.

The set includes the required slots : Head, Neck, Arms, Waist (Which includes the skirt)

I hope to have sculpts up sometime this week! I've been looking around and everyone is doing great work and I hope to contribute to that as well. :)

SCULPT UPDATE:
ZBrushP1_01.png
ZBrushP2_02.png

Replies

• Yokai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yokai polycounter lvl 11
    The hair low poly took me a while, I'll quickly sculpt (keep it simple to remain in the dota 2 style but detail it enough to make it pop) and begin the texture process tomorrow. There's some details that (obviously) will be sculpted into the normal map / texture process. (Cloth folds, bracelet details, glove details, belt details)

LinaLow2.png
    LinaLow.png

The glove design may have to undergo some changes in order to make the LOD triangle count while still having all of the assets. I could make the glove on it's own be the arm piece, but I feel the asymmetry works best when there's something on the other arm counteracting the glove on the other side. Perhaps -- I'll have to figure it out as I go.. Deadline is coming quick and school isn't making it any easier. (6 days)
  • Yokai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yokai polycounter lvl 11
    Update:
    ZBrushP1_01.png
    ZBrushP2_02.png

Going to finish the sculpt tomorrow hopefully!
  • Yokai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yokai polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys! Need some help!

Specifically, I made my model using FBX file format which lead to some issues. The scale is tiny! Is there any quick way of addressing this? I am in the process of rigging my low poly models and getting ready to bake / test them but this is issue is a bit annoying to say the least. Thanks.