Home General Discussion

Forum Suggestion - Sticky Threads

mod
Hey all,

So I know there are plans for big changes to the forum eventually, with this Dota2 contest to help pay for it all (Kudos Valve!), so I thought I might add a suggestion for the sticky threads. As everyone knows, more and more pop up all the time, which kind of crowds the page. So, I wonder what peoples thoughts are on having the sticky's off to the side, acting as their own little section with their own scrolling, unaffected by the typical browsing you do. I did a crappy photoshop of what it might look like. obviously the side bar would need some dressing up, or different colours or something. but ya!

PolyCountNew.jpg

thoughts? pitchforks and torches?

I think it would be a nice touch. I know its a change, and I know how PC hates change. But lemme know what you think!

Replies

• haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    The stickies don't really bother me as I'm usually on Polycount on my second monitor which is in portrait mode. Also in landscape mode, they dont bother me but that's probably due to me being on various forums for too long.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I agree it would be nice to organize our sticky threads (read: important information we think people should know about on a per-forum basis), but sticking it over on the left like that isn't it. That looks like a shoehorned solution ;)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    haha well, like i said, shitty photoshop. What if they were buttons or something? Buttons with specific titles, rather than a thread title that looked like a second forum (like i have pictured). Or do you not like stuff on the side at all? I feel they need to stick out a little better than just having "sticky" in front of it.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    We'll figure something out ;)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Change the green text to blue? There is already an icon next to it, and the word sticky, as well ease of access, I don't want to go chasing for stickies unless I really have to.

Some sites give you the option to essentially 'pin' upto 10 favorite threads at the top first page for the threads. I know sites like the Escapist allow you to have a favorite Quick-Pin system in place,

Related to that point, maybe add something so we can 'hide' threads we don't want to see? I don't play Minecraft nor MvM, Information and New Member don't pretain to me anymore, I go to shop instead of the SWAG thread, and couple of other threads, I think (in my case as example) I would have at most 5 pins instead of 10.

One things that surprised me at one point was how you guys have a "Ignore User" list, but this list doesn't propagate the changes globally (EI: If someone makes a thread, you can still see it), while I don't have any issues with said features, having a "Ignore Thread" list would work wonders.

Just giving out some 100% pure Cider Juice for thought.