Home Contests & Challenges Archives

New player

Okay first contest I've entered. I know its not a human zombie but I want to use it as a portfolio piece so I'd really love some feed back. Haven't done much cause I've had tendinitis so only got the blocking, unwrapping, and retopo of the base I'm using done and am trying to go for the start of the mid rang details. Be harsh but please add in how to improve (real improvement ideas not oh no its got 3 claws not 4).:)[IMG][/img]front_view.jpgfront_rot_puss.jpgside_rot_ribs.jpgdragon_face_side.jpgface_dragon.jpgdragon_34.jpgzombie_side.jpg

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    welocome!

great start, looks at some refz from the wrath of the lich king dragon. lots of great inspiration there.

and a sculpting tip when you make highpol stuff, dont be afraid to seperate objects, dont sculpt the teeth in the head mesh but make some lowpoly teeth and stick em in there instead, same goes with claws and the tounge and the eyes and other sorts of zombification like bones sticking out n such.

great start n good luck!
  • silvermirror
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks will take you up on those tips!:) Thanks for the ideas on references too.
  • silvermirror
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :( Well life happens I guess I only managed to finish half of it with my other work taking priority. I would still like to hear some feed back on my progress though.wip_dragon_34.jpgdragon_trouso.jpgdragon_trouso2.jpgtop.jpg