Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Arc Squadron! Dump

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
Hi! Arc Squadron is my third game I've been able to release and my first mobile game. I didn't used to have a lot of faith in mobile until I was able to make art for it..and well.. You'd be surprised how much power you can get out of it. It's really quite amazing and has made me become a believer in the platform.

Anyways, A quick story on Arc... It was originally a PC space combat game..
197265-arc1.jpg

It was really cool! But through development we shifted it to be on Mobile..but still have the bad ass shooter combat it was always meant to be. Basically when I hopped on board most of the game was using the original assets..and looked like this.

ARC_Before_Guardian02.jpg

As you can see it was grey..brown..dreary.. And didn't match the popping colors of the ships and bright saturation of the galaxies. I wasn't really given any concept art..actually none at all..or art direction for the most part. I was just told to make the world match the ships and bring it to life. . . and this is what I was able to come up...

ScreenShot00171.jpg
ScreenShot00214.jpg
image.jpeg

So I didn't get a lot of time to do this, and for a while I was the only artist until I got much needed help from fellow artist, Bobby McCoin. So to conserve time and energy I decided to essentially take the assets I had..but create all new tileable textures and just remap them..

arc_squadron_01.jpg
arc_squadron_02.jpg
arc_squadron_03.jpgarc_squadron_04.jpg
arc_squadron_05.jpg
arc_squadron_06.jpg

If you look closely..you can spot all the tilebales!

arc_squadron_11.jpg

I was then able to model on my free time some interesting and cool shapes..

arc_squadron_12.jpg

Here are a few before/after pics.. I kinda took these near the end of my work on Arc..I wish I did it in the beginning so I can show you the difference a little paint job can do..

arc_squadron_08.jpg
arc_squadron_09.jpg
arc_squadron_10.jpg

Replies