Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low poly attempt

Hey guys, hopefully can get some feedback or a reply on this model I have created! Was completely improvised in Maya with no concept art, about 5/6 hours start to finish. Any advice on the texture map would be greatly appreciated. :poly121:

charactershowcasew.png

Replies

• Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    He's got a lot of character to him, his arms need to sit lower as his shoulders are really hunched up- try putting the arms down so they are in a more natural position and you'll see what I mean :) Also check his posture so he has more of an S shape in his spine, he's looking a bit stiff at the moment- also look at how arms and legs bow in and out, it will help with posing him :)

Texturing wise, I'd say the style you're going for works ok, reminds me of Katamari Damacy -not sure on the uvs for the tshirt and shorts as they're at weird angles which means it's harder to get crisp lines. I can see why you've taken this approach so the uvs are tightly packed in but sometimes a little bit of wastage to help with ease of painting is ok :)

You could always give him a bit more character by sticking a capt america shield and a badly fitting face mask on, would tie in even more :)
  • MrRik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrRik polycounter lvl 7
    I like the shape of the character but you could alot of poly's and make it around 1000 maybe less tri's. maybe google some lowpoly wireframes look at the lowpoly thread here on polycount.