Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Enchantress - Bark Skin

Chimi Jimi
polygon
Offline / Send Message
Chimi Jimi polygon
Hey everyone,

Much like alot of people i thought i would give this competition a shot for fun even though im probably a wee bit late to the show either way though ill try my best. Planning to make a armour set and weapon for the enchantress after seeing alot of truly amazing work feel i might be out my depth but it would be great if you could leave any feedback.

Current Concept

Front_Concept.jpg

The thought behind this concept was that she would wear more durable armour and from travels through nature has began to use bark as a basis of protection with the green gems encrusted into the armour to represent a sort of nature energy.

Again any feedback is very much appreciated and i look forward to hearing from you guys.

Kind Regards
James

Replies

• Chimi Jimi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimi Jimi polygon
    Hey everyone,

hope your all well just an update on the character armour set currently in zbrush i have actually finished the wrist bands though currently playing around with the idea of using the metal mask layer thing as a specular for the gems in the armour.

Having to work on multiple projects atm though due to my University course so progress on the armour is not going as fast as i had at first hoped :P anyway heres an update

Progress.jpg
  • rinnzla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good. I'm really liking that you're using bark for armor on her, seems so fitting.
    My only concern is that maybe you went a bit overboard on the crystals, but i dunno. Keep up the good work!
  • Chaemirix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chaemirix polycounter lvl 10
    I love the idea, but like rinnzla said, don't go too over the top. It seems you're going with something natural when you go with bark, and having jewels encrusted everywhere really drags away from that.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Cool man! So glad to see more enchantress!!!

The only problem I can see right now is the shoulders. The poly count is probably going to be waaay to small to get all that fitted into it, unless you plan on making the top part of her dress/belt/skirt :)
  • Nix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nix polycounter lvl 13
    I like this idea. Looking forward to seeing this progress!
  • JohnArr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great start, remeber Valve recommends textures are darker near the base and lighter near the top. You could transition from old dark, oak bark at the hips up to lighter maple or birch near the shoulders.