Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Huskar - TBD

A bit late to the party, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I expected there'd be many entries for Huskar using bone theme/elements, since it's just natural that way for him I guess.. so I knew I won't be the only one with this direction. So here's my take on Huskar:

huskar_side_00.jpghuskar_side_01.jpg
* Haven't really explored about the lore, but something to do with the Nothl Realm I guess.. Ok I suck at this..

But then I saw others' entries and I'm beginning to doubt if this direction is effective, I figured I'd need to put some twist on the design to make it stand out and more "original".. But I don't think I'd change the silhouette much, since it's still working in my opinion, so most probably it'll be the textures and details in high poly stage that'll put some difference to it.

Basically my workflow is:
- Concept Art - A rather quick sketch/mockup to flesh out the idea in my head, focus on silhouette.
- Low-poly Model for LOD01 - First priority is for meeting the in-game asset poly budget requirement, while trying to form the silhouette in 3d space.
- High-poly Model - Enhancing the silhouette and the flow of the design with the texturing n details.
- Medium-poly Model for LOD00 - Refine the model as necessary making use of the extra poly budgets.
- Texture Maps - Using combination of baking and painting technique to create necessary maps for the models.

Replies