Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK Arch Viz Critique needed!!

Hi guys its been awhile since I posted on polycount, right now i am doing a walk through for a interior design firm, thought I would get some critique and feed back. This is still a work in progress piece, a lot of material tweaking is needed , just wondering if you guys can give me some pointer for creating realistic lighting and materials. Thanks in advance.
ConcreteWalk_01.jpg

Replies

• Dave3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave3d polycounter lvl 8
    I like the wood texture alot, the general color scheme works well but i have a few crits:
    1) the wall texture is too dirty for a house like this
    2)the sofa reads as concrete, add some wrinkles and folds
    3) the pillows almost looks emissive add some wrinkles and folds along with a ao bake to break up the white
    4)the table wood grains are going in different directions

keep up the good work cant wait for an update
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    I agree with the pillows being too bright, same with the pages on the books. I'd bring down the value of them a little.

Less noisy concrete texture and a stronger normal map or just model in the separate tiles.

The Laptop feels a little bit large as well as the helmet on the table. The table and chair feel like they're a little bit short. Maybe really tall people live here and bought childrens furniture :p
  • Kenn3dy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool i will take the pillow in to zbrush and start sculpting :)
  • Kenn3dy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some quick updates build the bedroom and bathroom, again lighting and material need a bit of work :P

bedroom.jpg

washroom.jpg