Home Unity

Configurable joint

Hi there!

I need to represent a syringe movement. In other words i have a gameobject that represents the syringe shell as a rigidbody, and onther gameobject representing the plunger also as a rigidbody and with a configurable joint connected to the shell.
I defined the xmotion as limited and all the other motions as locked.

My problem is setting the LinearLimit -> Limit. The plunger as a length of 1 m, i can´t find a combination between anchor's position and limit's value, so that the plunger when recoiling don't crosses the shell's border.

any ideas?

thank you

Replies

• Lamont
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Jay_Pauly wrote: »
    Hi there!

I need to represent a syringe movement. In other words i have a gameobject that represents the syringe shell as a rigidbody, and on the gameobject representing the plunger also as a rigidbody and with a configurable joint connected to the shell.

I defined the xmotion as limited and all the other motions as locked.

My problem is setting the LinearLimit -> Limit. The plunger as a length of 1 m, i can´t find a combination between anchor's position and limit's value, so that the plunger when recoiling don't crosses the shell's border.

First. Why is the text black? Makes it a bit hard to read.

Does it need to be a rigidbody? Why not just take the mesh and translate based on percent (0.0f is closed 1.0f is open)? You can also animate the closing of the syringe in your app of choice and play back the animation any speed and to any point you need. Then make a function called OpenSyringe() and CloseSyringe() and call as needed.

Unless it really needs to be a rigidbody, you didn`t state why it is.
  • Jay_Pauly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for replying, i already solved my problem.

Sorry for the black letters, is was a copy paste from other post that i did and i didn't notice!

Also, yes it had to be a rigidbody so that it whould react to outside collisions, otherwise i would make it kinect and attach a script to it changing it's position.

However i have training the use of configurable joints, i now it works just fine.

Thanks anyway!