Home Artists Looking For Work

Need jet fighter aircraft modeler for short animation project

Hi,

This work is a personal experiment of mine, even though I'm affiliated with an animation company. I wouldn't necessarily say it's not commercial... maybe something that will be shown sporadically in local film fests and such, or Youtube even.

The project is so far just on the feasibility phase of using Toon Boom Harmony and After Effects to animate a jet fighter dogfight sequence approaching the quality seen in the anime movie "Skycrawlers".

I need models of the following aircraft:

*JAS-39 NG Gripen (two-seater version)
*KAI T/A-50 Golden Eagle (2-seat light attack variant)
*Shenyang J-15 (or Sukhoi Su-33 Flanker, same thing) (single seater)

I guess you already have an inkling of the scenario I had in mind... in any case this will include custom paint job and an unusual choice of weapons load-out which I'll disclose in full to the contracted artist.

You may start from off-shelf models provided they have the license to modify to ease your work. But In the end, all models must match each other, have roughly the same polycount -- be simple enough to fit with cel-shaded drawings, but be detailed enough to show battlescar damage. Again, see Skycrawlers for reference.

In addition, I will need bloated models of the internal cockpits which will serve as the backdrop to which we can try to fit hand-drawn characters over. The cockpits don't have to be too precise, just enough to distinguish one aircraft from another and whether the viewpoint is from the back seat (in two-seater planes).

I will pay with Paypal the negotiated price. The deliverable should include .osb files exported from Maya.

I cannot promise a completed project (haven't even finalized the character roster yet!), for now this request is just for something we have exclusive rights to tinker with using the 3D capability of Harmony to get a better idea how to form action sequences. I'm crossing my fingers that After Effects will be enough to take care of the rest.

So in summary:

- 3 jets with custom config and paint jobs, 2 versions of skins: normal and battle-scarred.
- 3 large scale cockpit mockups

Thank you.

Replies