polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
downarmy polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys ran into a big trouble of blurry texture on my Static mesh

here is the mesh up close

UDK2012-10-2514-38-48-92.png

and here it is not very far away all blurry

UDK2012-10-2514-39-08-51.png

is there a way to fix this i tried playing whit mipmap on the texture proprety to no vain...

Thanks for the help

Replies

• Santewi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't really see any blurriness from such a small image, but have you tried generating new mips inside UDK?
  • downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    downarmy polycounter lvl 7
    yeah i tried changing the diffuse mips to sharpen 8 and i tried whit no mips at all the sharpen 8 didnt change anything and no mips made it all really fuzzy...

i think it might be my Lod viewdistance or something related but i am really confuse on setting lods setting because i dont need lods....

maybe if you guys know good lod tutorial about udk it might help me i tried finding some to no vain
  • Santewi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How big is the building compared to a character? Also, could you take a tiledshot and post that because it's really hard to see any blurriness in that image.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My first thoughts are, that dosnt look bad at all. Are you sure you want to halt you project just beacuse of this tiny issue?
  • JamesWild
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesWild polycounter lvl 8
    Fact of the matter is, you only have so many pixels on your screen. You just can't pack more detail into those pixels than there are pixels. You can approximate it with some oversampling, but that is far too expensive to spend on the fillrate for a large part of the environment.

Perhaps highlight the details you are losing specifically. If there's some engravings or something you want kept sharp at a distance, point them out.
  • wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With the risk of aliasing, you can also try setting different mipmap sharpening options on some of the textures in UDK texture properties.