Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Anti-mage – Retributus

Hey everyone, glad to be a part of Polycount! First I should mention that I’ve done a bit of work before I got this thread up, and I’ll be going over all of that in the history section, it’s not a ridiculous amount, mostly some old concepts, some stuff did get into the current rendition, a good amount hasn’t. Oh, and the name "Retributus" isn't set in stone, it may change, I just wanted a place holder for now.

[Latest Image]
mg5QQ.jpg
On the back you'll notice the arm armour hasn't been updated, I'm aware of this.

[History]

r6M7S.jpg ZLBwX.jpg
Quick hair mockups, all very similar, my favorite being the Mohawk combined with a hair bun. I’m not certain if I’m going to keep the fade though, from the Dota perspective I think it may hurt the readability of the head, but I may be wrong, I would like to hear how you guys feel about this.

hIkb1.jpg obBvP.jpg P9c3z.jpg 1CAPZ.jpg

STicY.jpg
I blocked out the shape I’d like to make the blades, rather happy with its appearance but I think I’ll be doing up some more concepts.

Ui0wU.jpg
Here I ended up adding some details to the original concept; this is when I came up with the idea behind the symbol that’s now becoming kind of a central theme for this set. It’s based off of the facial tattoo’s Anti-mage has on his face. They were present in his older model, and if I’m correct are back in the newest textures. My idea is that maybe this was a symbol of the “monks of Turstarkuri,” that Anti-mage has painted on his face. I found that in the medallion where I curved it a tiny bit, the outside looks like wings; maybe it’s a reference to some bird of the mountains which they respected.

KLYXX.jpg uPJYw.jpg 4MG44.jpg YAZG8.jpg 60IdR.jpg ZUwCM.jpg

Replies