Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Silencer - TBD

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Esuka polycounter lvl 8
Hello Everyone,

My friend directed me here, and as I am in need of practice for 3D modeling and textures, this seemed like a good opportunity. Win or lose, I hope for the opportunity to learn a lot, and would appreciate your criticism to that end.

After a few heroes, I've decided on Silencer. His default armor has a knight aesthetic to it, and given my experience with spellcasters in RPGs, I followed that general concept. So while I've listed this as TBD on the title, I've been playing with the name "Arcane Adjudicator."

tA3CN.jpg?1

I played around with a model for the hand bracer, sans texture, to get a sense of the polycount, let alone the feasibility of the project.

yyldq.jpg?5080

Given the time, I will also create a new shield and weapon. Your feedback on the state thus far, as well as advice on moving ahead is much appreciated.

Replies

• Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    Unfortunately, another project has limited my ability to dedicate more time, but I have been able to get much of the modeling completed. However, i made the mistake of working on the LOD1 models rather than the LOD0 models, and I now have to go back and add additional detail for the LOD0's.
    7UPjt.jpg?1d0pBV.jpg?1

I have also added some details to the concept, outlining further my plans for the underarmor.
    9GfCU.jpg?1While I feel that it is still lacking somewhat in details, until A) I have a better sense of how much room I will have to put detail, and B) I actually know how to create all the masks necessary, I shall refrain from adding anything additional.
  • Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    I've completed the geometry, textures, and shader sets for all 4 armor pieces.Fcveg.jpg?2GOTVG.jpg?1

As I still have the normal maps, rigging, and refinement to do for these, the weapons shall have to wait until a later date. I have installed mudbox, and am currently figuring out how to import the helmets such that I can accurately create a normal map for it.
  • Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    So the process of exporting was a bit more... challenging than I expected. At this point, I have a .zip file ready to ship off. I haven't been able to view the model with the shaders working due to trouble with the model viewer file types, but if I am correct, the .zip can contain the .ma file and be acceptable. If not... Well I gave it my all. I'll be working on the weapons in the future, as the set is technically incomplete without them.

DIYG7.png