Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nasa Elite Recon - 3D Character

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Edie Leonhart polycounter lvl 5
Hello friends, my last character done few months ago.

Character focus in cinematic, with more poly etc.

Cheers.

Action_01.jpg
Action_02.jpg
Turn_01.jpg
Turn_Face.jpg
High_Poly.jpg
Low_Poly.jpg
Maps.jpg

Replies

• Karateman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks fantastic. Adding to inspiration folder. I'm trying to sculpt hair like that right now but it's a challenge--using Sculptris so don't have a lot of super fancy tools. If you have any brushes or tutorials to recommend I'd appreciate it. Cheers.
  • Edie Leonhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey buddy, thanks for your comment.

Inside of the zbrush is always the same, sculpt the hair with Standard Brush, too, Clay + Alpha that include on Zbrush. Or Standard + Alpha. Some "Move" for position, give a good hair.

Cheers.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Overall I think it looks pretty neat, but if you're going to use that base it needs some work. Right now it feels really sloppy and in turn detracts from the quality of the model.
  • Edie Leonhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks.

The Pose Rig is not my strong, for this look strange sometimes. But the armor is a difficult for animation and rig, because take a lot time for fix.

Cheers!.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    looks nice.
    i would add more details and imperfections to the skin texture. one of nice things about the sculpt is that it does in fact have imperfections such as wrinkles.

but the textured version looks like those celebrity magazine covers that use tons of airbrush to make sure the model looks like inhuman doll.

also i think it would be a good idea to make some parts of suit matte, everything's more or less shiny at the moment.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    as much as i dislike troll comments, i feel compelled....

3201886_700b.jpg

the presentation and pose aren't bad, but there are quite a few things wrong with her proportionally and anatomically at the basic level. i wish you'd posted an early WIP shot so we could have gotten them fixed, that way this piece would have been a badass stand-out.
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    nasa? more like xcom :P

very nice work man. maybe you should get your camera further back and do some zoom cause the perspective is really distorting the face and figure.
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Yea, looking good, great detail.. the head does seem just a little disproportionately large though.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Nice, but have to agree with head comments it does look funny.
    Just fix the head, bake them maps again and you should be alright.

Top 2nd image far right looks like she wants to break her back.
  • Edie Leonhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello guys, thanks for all comments and critiques, this really give me more idea for other Character take some care.

This is more old, some six mouths ago completed and the modeling i finished november of last year.

This model in process had some trouble, for don't have the real concept for take this exact idea, lost sometimes in progress.

But done and done. Go to next.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers!.