Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Model- Urban Hacker

Hey PC! back working on a model looking for critique.

A little background this character is named Thesus, he is part of a network of hackers that are out to give information back to the people. He is what I termed the “urban hacker”, an individual who has the ability to break into these government facilities and retrieve information. Think free runner meets cyber hacker if you will.

Here is my concept for the character

Blog_photo_2.png

Sculpting I've done

render_headcopy.png

Hacker_outfit_Render.png

Please critique and comments are greatly appreciated I really respect this board and i really want to get better.

Replies

• brwnbread
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    I enjoy the face, its really interesting
  • eScheu
    Its looking pretty nice. Your proportions are really good overall, although the face is looking a bit long and in my opinion a bit strong jawed, which makes him look more jockish and soldierly . I think the main thing plaguing the sculpt right now is a overall lack of definition to some of your forms. Everything, regardless of the material, has the same kind of blobby clay look to it. Try to crisp up some of your edges and creases. hPolish and pinch tool are great for that.

Overall though, really nice! I think its the foundation for something great.
  • AaronF3D
    eScheu- thanks def agree need to tighten up some things on the clothes. Good advice. As far as the face I was going for an exaggerated Brinkesque style, not sure if I executed it correctly?

Brwnbrd- Thanks pal

Any more critiques?
  • AlbinLundahl
    Offline / Send Message
    AlbinLundahl polycounter lvl 5
    I really like the proportions too, really cool style, not too exaggerated :)

Maybe it's because you haven't really posted alot yet, but I don't really see the hacker atm, looks kinda ordinary imo. Have you thought about details?

Really cool project either way, looking forward too seeing more :)
  • brwnbread
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    Maybe it's because you haven't really posted alot yet, but I don't really see the hacker atm, looks kinda ordinary imo. Have you thought about details?

Yeah, I agree he doesn't look like a hacker. But he does look like a freerunner; its def suggested through his shoes. I would be tempted to add some kinda tech to his body or a laptop bag, depending on the year hes set in.

IMO though, and its totally personal taste, but I reckon you should really subtly hint at him being a hacker/freerunner. Like, for example, one crazy ass contact lens with wires in it or something and the rest being generally normal. Then you could also hint at it with his posture/facial expression somehow. Anyway I'm sure you will figure it out lol.

Also, the back wrinkles don't look right to me.