Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Naga Siren - Carpe Diem

Hello, everyone. This is my Dota 2 WIP thread. My main theme for this was the koi fish. Some of the mythology surrounding koi are that they symbolize 'perseverance' and 'strength of purpose'. I thought this fit well with the Naga Siren's lore since she has a long journey ahead of her and she seems very determined to win back her honor.

Advice and critique are very welcome; this is my first time working on a character like this, so I'm looking forward to it.

ik6mR.png

Replies

• JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Really strong silhouettes! Let's see some Poly's!
  • gOvi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gOvi polycounter lvl 8
    Beautiful color swatch to work with, can't wait to see the texturing! Good Luck!
  • Roar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really good, especially the color/pattern scheme.
    My only suggestion would be to consider making the shoulder design more noticeable, as the current ones look a bit basic. They look fine as they are now, but I'm not sure if they would stand out in-game.
  • rorozilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rorozilla polycounter lvl 6
    wow! that looks amazing! i absolutely love the koy fish hair! Is it going to have transparency? I'm not sure the Naga Siren has that option, sadly. I might be wrong though! it would really look amazing it you could see trough it just a little!

I really love the armor! cant wait to see this one evolve!!
  • MexPineapple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Roar: Thank you. I enjoyed doing the concept for the color scheme. I added an extra 'layer' to the shoulders, to give them a little more visual oomph, and also to add onto the theme; I tried to get them to look like scales.

@rorozilla: Thank you very much~ Im not sure if the Naga Siren has transparency capabilites, but if she does, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Here is the WIP of the low polys. There's still a lot I can fix up in the headpiece, and I still have to do the gauntlets.

e6KKM.png

EDIT: 2nd update

pHfSj.png

Finished (?) lowpoly. Just barely made it on the poly count limit for the armor. :\ Couldnt figure out how to reduce it enough to get the armband, so I guess I'll leave that out for now.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I really like the motif you have going with this.

I find the head piece could still use a bit more cleaning up in the geometry. But Overall the shapes are nice!

:D