Home Unreal Engine

Shadows+Cubemap

2_issues.jpg
So_Far.jpg
I have a 2nd uv set for lightmaps...which I dont think is the issue here.

Im also looking for some UDK eye shading links...im currently using spec/spec power+cubemap only,which dont get me wrong looks as good as any eyes ive ever tried making before...so im happy on that front.
However...3 shader nodes cant be as deep as the rabbit hole goes ^^,

+yes google is our friend...he/she is the best+most loyal friend to us all...stuck with us through thick+thin.
Im sure I WILL find the answers im looking for...however...sharing IS caring.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How does your material setup look for the eye? Are you adding the cubema or multiplying it?
    I think you should be multiplying it.
  • BaNaNaSpliTTer
    Leet_Eye_Shader.jpg
    Feel free to tell me this is not good enough/wrong...I want to learn...learn me.
    1st time using UDK...remember kids...Neo never made his 1st jump.

+What did the incy wincy spider do? thats right...he climbed back up the water spowt...the rain washed him down...but he kept getting back up ^^,

Final note,how would I "correctly" inset a fresnel into this...

If any1 wants to show me the goods+send over "their" eye shader network...I will happily accept...Karma points always go down well ^^,

superbucket09@gmail.com if any1 wishes to point me in the right direction.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the fresnel, just do a Dot between Camera Vector and [0,0,1] vector. Thats a constant 3 with just 1 in blue.

For the eyes im not sure. Looks ok to me. personally i would keep the eyes in a separate material and texture alltogether.
  • BaNaNaSpliTTer
    In future I would most likely have the head+eyes on seperate texture sheets.
    I am using 1 material for head and 1 for eyes.

Without sounding like my brain doesnt work too great...which it doesnt, would you mind sending what you mean in picture/shader node form please...what you just typed doesnt make sense to me. "im fresh out the kitchen when it comes to UDK"
  • Visceral
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Emissive Cubemap is only good for outdoor environments in full light to fake radiosity, in normal environments, either Add it, Lerp it, on your Diffuse, OR Specular.